Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday - Featured Site of the Week - Pebble Tossers

I have been trying in vain to find volunteer opportunities in my community for my children.  I have been to volunteermatch.org and other sites.  But when it comes to finding opportunities for the kids they are slim.  I kept searching and came across an article on the internet on Field Trips with Sue.  This pointed me to Pebble Tossers.  Finally what I had been looking for.  Some of the things on there are suggestions but they have the contact info for each place.  You can search by cause or by organization.  You can "get matched" it will ask you questions and it will provide you with a large list of suitable activities.  It ranges from Casserole Maker, to Doggie Biscuit maker, to Vision Buddy Guides for field trips for the Blind.  I think I will have fun looking at this site with my kids.  It also lets you print out a planning guide for your group of family to help organize your project.  This is a WONDERFUL site.  I am so excited to explore it with my kids when they get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment