Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday - Kids say the darndest things.....

Well I wanted to say, oh my kids say such funny things I just have to share. Well my daughter did say something funny the other day, but it is such an inside joke that I am sure no one else would get it. Now my kids are unintentionally funny, but to bring it here might not be the best idea.

So we are standing at an abyss.......Teenage years... We have one official one, one turning 13 in just a matter of weeks and two preteens....we have our hands full.

And it has now hit. With three in middle school things have been getting more demanding. We have two in the same grade and magically one has homework and the other one never does. We have projects that are mysteriously not due until TOMORROW, and then as all good parents know, we are left holding the bag. So I am resolute. These kids will not drive ME crazy. We are holding them accountable for their work. This is the time that we realize what we did to our parents. We want to call them up and apologize for every bad thing that we did when we were young, but you know we aren't going to because we would have to admit it.

My daughter thought that we kicked everyone out of our tv room last night because she said something....something so irrelevant that I do not even remember what it was. They think they have so much power sometimes, that we hinge on every word they say......with four you just can't.....it would take too much time.

So to all the moms and dads out there entering these trying years, just know we are right there with you.

Now I am going back to Facebook to check out the OMG Iso need a glass of wine or I'm gonna sell my kids page, as I enjoy a glass of merlot!

Mammadar

No comments:

Post a Comment